Monday, October 31, 2016

My Mind

It's strange how the mind works, as mentioned I do believe there is more meaning to existence than is readily visible. I am not a bible thumper by any stretch of the imagination though, since I have had no holy visions and won't take another person's word for what religion or mythology have true stories. It was briefly comforting me since the fact that I do believe something beyond cold scientific process is going on in our reality might mean there is also more in store for me than just death.

The strange part of how the mind works is referring to how this metaphysical thought is easily transplanted by more mundane things, like checking facebook, or worrying about my status in society. I wish I were more focused on the important metaphysical thoughts than on the basic thoughts of day to day drudgery, after all, this life appears to be fairly straightforward, short, and perhaps meaningless compared to the endless possibilities of existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment