Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Attacks In France

The attack on Charlie Hebdo and the other attacks are of course deplorable. I grew up with freedom of speech and expression being ingrained, and analyzing those as I get older I still agree with them.

I would argue that there is still a crusade going on, but we in the west nonetheless do business with places like Saudi Arabia.

There are people in the west saying that it serves Charlie Hebdo right for being insensitive to Muslim views and there is widespread support amongst Muslims for the attacks. I completely disagree with any justification, I do believe that the values we have are the right ones and not just a point of view.

But what to do to change the minds of these people? The monocultural behemoth seems like a good tool, I wonder if it will prevail in the long run. I don't like that as an answer since lot's of the monocultrual export is shallow and corporatist. But beyond just doing more militarily it seems like one of the most peaceful answers, so it has that going for it. There is also increasing the global standard of living, but some argue it isn't as simple as that. I would argue that well fed happy people overall don't go on terrorist sprees and crusades but what do I know?

Besides even with all of NATO and some others like Japan and Russia (I know Russia is currently on bad terms) it seems to be militarily impossible to control the areas that have backwards views and enforce enlightened views.

I wonder if we will ever see a major human rights shift in places like China or Saudi Arabia in the next decades? We brought McDonalds and Hollywood movies to China and they are still nasty.

I know!
Mind control their leaders using our intelligence agencies and awesome technology and subvert them that way.

Besides the paranoid part of my thought process thinks that there is something else going on anyway and this is all just part of some fake projection of the way the world works.

No comments:

Post a Comment